- This event has passed.
DOT Requirements for Shipping of Hazardous Materials – Initial and Refresher Training
January 18 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
One event on April 24, 2018 at 8:30am
One event on November 6, 2018 at 8:30am
Do you sign shipping papers or manifests? Are you packaging, labeling or shipping hazardous materials or waste? Do you ship or receive flammable, toxic, or corrosive materials by ground? If so, you must have DOT-trained staff, and this class meets those requirements! 49 CFR 172.704 says that new employees must be trained within 90 days of employment and have a refresher every 3 years. This class includes general awareness, function-specific, safety and security awareness training to meet the standard and get you in compliance.
At the completion of the training, participants are expected to be able to:
- Explain how DOT Regulations relate to specific job functions by participating in discussions and passing an examination
- Determine the proper shipping name, labels, markings, and placards by completing exercises
- Determine required packaging
- Explain proper handling of a spill by utilizing the Emergency Response Guidebook and completing an exercise
- Understand security requirements and be able to apply best practices to their facilities
- Identify new regulatory updates and their impact