Silica OSHA Standard: Implementing the New Standard
August 24 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm$350
Two new OSHA standards for Silica went into effect on June 23, 2016, (OSHA Final Rule) establishing new rules and restrictions to protect construction and general industry workers from exposure to respirable crystalline silica. The implementation dates are rapidly approaching; September 23, 2017 for construction and June 23, 2018 for general industry. Will you be in in compliance? Get what you need now!
At the completion of this course, participants are expected to be able to:
- Explain the standard requirements
- Describe exposure monitoring options including Table 1 for construction
- Outline the required knowledge and responsibilities of the silica-competent person
- Determine housekeeping practices
- Explain exposure control methods & write a customized exposure control plan
- Discuss medical surveillance requirements
- Deliver required training
- Specify recordkeeping requirements
This workshop is designed for safety team members, industrial hygienists, supervisors, foreman, managers, and those designated as the silica-competent person at the workplace or job site. Participants will complete a customized written exposure control plan and take away PowerPoint slides with instructor notes for required training.
7 people are attending Silica OSHA Standard: Implementing the New Standard