- This event has passed.
The Short on Silica
April 19 @ 7:30 am - 9:30 am$50
OSHA’s silica rule change mandates that all workers who are exposed to silica must be training prior to field exposure. Is your crew prepared? Our short training course is geared toward workers with on-the-job silica exposure. We’ll cover:
- Health hazards of silica
- Measures to protect employees
- General regulatory requirements (e.g., medical surveillance, competent person, purpose of air monitoring)
- How to use and reference Table 1
- Respirators (e.g., selection and use, cleaning and storage, fit, inspection)
Plus, after each training, we’re offering:
Respirator fit testing with the opportunity to purchase respirators.
- $45 for quantitative or qualitative fit test
- $80 with online medical clearance