OSHA is known to impose hefty penalties for permit-required confined space violations in industries ranging from manufacturing to waste treatment. Do the right thing–avoid potential fines and keep workers safe by investing in training.
Safex’s Permit Required Confined Space course will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and experience to work safely in a permit required confined space. We’ll use a combination of classroom instruction and practical hands-on exercises with our indoor permit required confined space simulator to prepare you for typical confined space hazards. We’ll cover the requirements of OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.146 and 29 CFR 1926 Subpart AA. You will have the chance to perform air monitoring, complete a permit, set up a tripod and winch, and participate in a simulated emergency rescue of an injured employee.
At the completion of the training, you will be able to:
- Explain the hazards associated with confined spaces, in general
- Outline the responsibilities of the competent person, controlling contractor, entry employer, and host employer
- Explain the role of entrant, attendant, and entry supervisor
- Classify a confined space as permit, alternate, or non-permit
- Explain entry requirements listed on permit
- Properly complete an entry permit
- Demonstrate proper donning and doffing of required PPE
- Demonstrate properly inspecting, donning, and doffing a safety harness for use in non-entry rescue
- Properly demonstrate the methods to conduct air monitoring with a gas monitor prior to and during entry into a permit-required confined space
- Properly set up a tripod, winch, harness, and other non-entry emergency retrieval devices
- Demonstrate appropriate communication between entrant and attendant during an entry
- Properly summon rescue and/or emergency
- Explain responsibility and roles of attendant and entrant