- This event has passed.
May 24 @ 7:30 am - 10:30 am$50
Scaffolds are one of the top ten most frequently cited OSHA standards every year and one of the most dangerous things to work on. Prevent injury and comply with OSHA’s training requirements set forth in 1926.454 by registering for our Scaffold Safety training.
This class is designed for those who erect, dismantle or work on a scaffold. It’s a three hour interactive learning opportunity complete with pictures and audiovisuals of improper scaffold construction and unsafe conditions consisting of improper foundations, mixing scaffold systems, improper construction, damaged planking and unsafe scaffold components.
By the end of the class, participants will be able to:
- Identify safe ground conditions and foundations for scaffold erection
- Recognize unsafe scaffold conditions
- Identify damaged structural components
- Calculate load ratings of scaffolds
- Determine through inspections whether a scaffold is safe for use
- Recognize fall hazards when working on scaffolds
- Understand access requirements for scaffolds
While Safex cannot make students a competent person for scaffolding, the course will cover competent person responsibilities and information that’s needed to allow workers to fulfill that role if appointed by their employer.
Note: This class will not cover the construction and use of suspended, ladder jack or pump jack scaffolds. All classes will be taught in English (sorry no translation services available).