OSHA 8-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher
This OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER refresher course is designed for response or clean-up workers who may be exposed to potentially hazardous waste and substances. Our class meets the training requirements of the annual refresher for 29 CFR 1910.120 (e) and (q).
Due to COVID-19, we’re minimizing in person training time. Participants will complete 4 online training modules prior to attending a hands on workshop at Safex on August 14 from 8-12. Online learning may be completed between July 24-August 14. The hands on workshop includes a new and fun decontamination exercise and social distancing protocol will be followed.
At the completion of the training, participants are expected to be able to:
- Identify potential safety and health hazards related to hazardous material spills
- Explain the use of direct reading instruments in determining the need for controls
- Identify appropriate respiratory protection for selected contaminants
- Demonstrate proper donning and doffing of PPE and respiratory protection equipment
- Demonstrate proper decontamination
- Successfully respond to a mock situation involving hazardous materials
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and apply information found on a Safety Data Sheet
- Identify recent regulatory updates related to emergency response
If you have an OSHA-defined HAZWOPER Emergency Response, you must comply with HAZWOPER paragraph (q) and all other General Industry (1910) or Construction Industry (1926) standards. This may apply to a Post-Emergency Response Cleanup Operation or to a completely separate Hazardous Waste Site Clean-Up Operation.
19 in stock