Hazardous Waste Management Training (RCRA)
July 17 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm$275.00
Did you know…revised Hazardous Waste Generator Requirement Rules went into effect on May 30, 2017? This course will make you aware of the new and changed requirements AND serve as your annual training requirement. If your company generates, stores, treats, or disposes of hazardous waste, such as corrosives (cleaning chemicals), flammables (paints), and toxics (lab chemicals), you need this course. Large Quantity Generators must train employees within 6 months of handling hazardous waste and provide refresher training annually. Small quantity generators must make their employees familiar with hazardous waste regulations.
Don’t get caught by the EPA! They require that trained employees sign manifests and handle, label and inspect hazardous waste. This class will get you all set up and in compliance. You will also be able to identify and classify EPA-regulated hazardous wastes and know the rules for accumulating and storing them.
Learning Objectives: at the completion of the training, participants are expected to be able to:
- Classify wastes as hazardous, universal or non-hazardous
- Describe accumulation time and quantity requirements
- Plan for and handle a hazardous waste emergency
- Identify proper hazardous waste storage procedures
- Explain the contents of a contingency plan
- List means to reduce hazardous waste generation
- Properly complete a U.S. EPA Hazardous Waste Manifest
- Track and document generator status
- Effectively manage universal wastes, solid wastes, and used oil
- Understand recent regulatory changes and how to apply them
5 people are attending Hazardous Waste Management Training (RCRA)