And for those of you with growing companies, 49 CFR 172.704 says that new employees who conduct these jobs must be trained within 90 days of employment.
At the completion of the training, participants are expected to be able to:
- Explain how DOT Regulations relate to specific job functions by participating in discussions and passing an examination
- Determine the proper shipping name, labels, markings, and placards by completing exercises
- Determine required packaging
- Explain proper handling of a spill by utilizing the Emergency Response Guidebook and completing an exercise
- Understand security requirements and be able to apply best practices to their facilities
- Identify new regulatory updates and their impact