- This event has passed.
Implementing the New OSHA Silica Standard
June 13 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm$350.00
OSHA standards 1910.1053 and 1926.1153 went into effect on June 23, 2016, establishing new rules and restrictions to protect construction and general industry workers against Silica exposures. The implementation dates are rapidly approaching; June 23, 2017 for construction and June 23, 2018 for general industry. Will you be in in compliance? Get what you need now!
At the completion of this course, participants are expected to be able to:
- Explain the standard requirements
- Describe exposure monitoring options including Table 1 for construction
- Outline the required knowledge and responsibilities of the silica-competent person
- Determine housekeeping practices
- Explain exposure control methods & write a customized exposure control plan
- Discuss medical surveillance requirements
- Deliver required training
- Specify recordkeeping requirements
This workshop is designed for safety team members, industrial hygienists, supervisors, foreman, managers, and those designated as the silica-competent person at the workplace or job site. Participants will complete a customized written exposure control plan and take away PowerPoint slides with instructor notes for required training.