- This event has passed.
OSHA 8-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher
August 2 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm$275.00
Do you know how OSHA defines a “HAZWOPER Emergency Response”? Even though employers often use this term for any activity requiring immediate attention, it has a very specific meaning and application.
If you have an OSHA-defined HAZWOPER Emergency Response, you must comply with HAZWOPER paragraph (q) and all other General Industry (1910) or Construction Industry (1926) standards. This may apply to a Post-Emergency Response Cleanup Operation or to a completely separate Hazardous Waste Site Clean-Up Operation.
This course is designed for response or clean-up workers and meets the training requirements of the annual refresher for 29 CFR 1910.120 (e) and (q). This workshop is a combination of lecture and hands-on exercises to review proper health and safety procedures.
At the completion of the training, you are expected to be able to:
- Identify potential safety and health hazards related to hazardous material spills
- Explain the use of direct reading instruments in determining the need for controls
- Identify appropriate respiratory protection for selected contaminants
- Demonstrate proper donning and doffing of PPE and respiratory protection equipment
- Demonstrate proper decontamination
- Successfully respond to a mock situation involving hazardous materials
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and apply information found on a Safety Data Sheet
- Identify recent regulatory updates related to emergency response
4 people are attending OSHA 8-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher