- This event has passed.
Ventilation – Requirements and Training – Preventing Exposures
April 18 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm$275.00
Is your ventilation working effectively and to capacity? Did you know that OSHA has some minimum requirements in 1910.94(a)(4) for local exhaust ventilation systems? Want to find out if you are adequately protecting your employees from potential exposures?
During this full-day workshop, you will
- Measure capture velocity with different hoods
- Measure duct velocity pressure and static pressure per ACGIH manual recommendations
- Use a mist generator to observe air flow
- Use a mist generator to determine negative and positive pressure
At the completion of the workshop, you will be able to
- Use a hot wire anemometer properly
- Measure capture velocity accurately
- Identify situations that reduce the effectiveness of local exhaust
- Troubleshoot vent concerns
- Improve ventilation effectiveness through proper hood selection
BONUS: Participants will be eligible for continuing education points for CSP and CIH certification.